The Design Together, Live Better team have been busy over the last few weeks reviewing all the ideas that were captured during June and July, at the public workshops, via email, the website or over the phone.
The team at Designability shortlisted 12 ideas that were shared with health professionals, colleagues and health partners to get a wide range of feedback.
In reviewing all the ideas we have asked some key questions:
- Are there any products that already exist to solve the problem?
- Does the idea have the potential to impact a number of people’s lives?
- How unique is the idea?
- How much impact will the idea have on somebody’s independence?
- Is the idea feasible as a commercial product?
The Design Together, Live Better team took on board all the feedback and together we have chosen three ideas that we would like to develop:
- A design-led personalised companion trolley
- A child seat harness that can be fastened with one hand
- A portable bidet for personal hygiene when away from home
We now enter an intensive design phase to develop these ideas into prototype products. This includes further engagement with people living with health problems so please continue to engage with the website for updates and share your ideas.
A report will be published towards the end of this product challenge for Design Together, Live Better and will include an overview of all insights and ideas captured so far, the shortlist of 12 ideas and outcomes of the design development work on the top three ideas selected.
The outcomes of the product design work will be showcased at the WEAHSN Conference in October so if you would like to come along to the conference and see the product prototypes please do get in touch.